Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Back in Blighty - Some Vexing Questions

So we've been back in the UK for almost a month already. Where did the time go? Most of our "Stuff" still hasn't arrived, so it's difficult to make the new house feel like home. I don't want to go out and buy anything until I see how our things look and fit here. 

Meanwhile, I have been noticing a few things that have changed since I've been gone. I wrote about one at the Huffington Post, and I'd really like your own thoughts on it, as people seem to be clear on what they do. 

3 comments:

  1. It does depend on the person you're going to see! No hard and fast rules. Some people will ask you to take off your shoes but some automatically do so. Others just wipe their feet and plod in regardless.
    I usually go to take my shoes off in a *posh* house and sometimes the owner says ,'No need to do that' and sometimes they let me do so.
    I personally think that people ought to take off shoes in wet, muddy weather but if the person is elderly and cannot get to the shoes easily, then it's OK to keep them on.
    Confusing.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely in wet weather, shoes off if possible. I'm just such a non-feet person that I'd prefer shoes on visitors in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'No need to do that' and sometimes they let me do so.


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete

The more the merrier....

Blog Archive