I know we all make ridiculous NY resolutions, like losing half our body weight by the end of next week, or perhaps swearing off the vino in the evening, (chortle) but I think my decision to write a blog reflects seriously on my sanity. Having spent the latter half of 2007 reading some great blogs, I realized I was spending far too much time at my computer. So I'm not quite sure why I decided to start my own; I mean I'm having enough trouble keeping my bottom off the back of my knees as it is.
Having written one book in 2006, http://www.rulesbritannia.com/, and supposedly working on at least another two, I am going to have to limit my blogs entries to about twice a week - unless I have something really important to comment on, which I usually do.
So what are my other NY resolutions ? Hmmm... (quick, make something up)
- to lose half my bodyweight by June 30
- to limit myself to two glasses of wine when I'm attempting to help with algebra homework, (otherwise I dissolve into tears)
- to get outside for more than the five minute walk to and from school each day
- to tackle one writing project at a time (oh, there's a good one)
- to finish all other projects (eg. knitting, painting and sewing) or throw the bloody stuff out
- to make my body my priority this year. No more "Oh I couldn't work out because I needed to get some stamps" excuses
Just call me optimistic!
Happy New Year.