Friday 2 December 2011

OK - I Did it too! (The 12 Days, that is)

Harangued on Twitter by Potty Mummy and Hot Cross Mum, I have risen to the challenge and done my own 12 days of Christmas in the style of Hot Cross Mum's. 

Since the themes of boys/wee and sicky kids are now taken (see above blogs), my theme is house-owning problems. Disclaimer (should I ever try to sell my house) - this is in part pure fiction and my house would pass any inspection any day of the week.




The 12 Days of Home-owners' Christmas

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a house that’s too big for me. (OK, he didn't actually give me the house; my name is on the mortgage too)

On the 2nd day of Xmas my true love gave to me, two broken door locks and a house that’s too big for me.

On the 3rd day of Xmas my true love gave to me three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 4th day of Xmas my true love gave to me four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 5th day of Xmas my true love gave to me five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.


On the 6th day of Xmas my true love gave to me six  doors– a-sticking, five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 7th day of Xmas my true love gave to me 7 carpets fraying, six  doors– a-sticking, five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 8th day of Xmas my true love gave to me  8  floors-a-creaking,  7 carpets fraying, six  doors– a-sticking, five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 9th day of Xmas my true love gave to me  9 ladies cleaning,  8  floors-a-creaking,  7 carpets fraying, six  doors– a-sticking, five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 10th day my true love gave to me 10 walls –a seeping, 9 ladies cleaning,  8  floors-a-creaking,  7 carpets fraying, six  doors– a-sticking, five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 11th day of Xmas my true love gave to me 11 Tilers tiling, 10 walls –a seeping, 9 ladies cleaning,  8  floors-a-creaking,  7 carpets fraying, six  doors– a-sticking, five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

On the 12th day of Xmas my true love gave to me 12 plumbers plumbing, 11 Tilers tiling, 10 walls –a seeping, 9 ladies cleaning,  8  floors-a-creaking,  7 carpets fraying, six  doors– a-sticking, five drywall dings (Hold that note...) four calling workmen, three knackered lamps, two broken door locks and a house that's too big for me.

Ta-daaaan. Come on everybody - join in.

17 comments:

  1. Soon as I get up off the floor, locate mt ass and reassemble same, I'll be doing my own version! Thinking it will be a good thing for my weekly newspaper article! My own of course, not yours!!!
    Loved it!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there you go now - we KNEW you had it in you! Fantastic - '7 carpets fraying' - genius! Thanks for playing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Now I can't get the tune out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EPM, you see - there IS life after wee and sickness. Or at least, mileage in other things, anyway! Great, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I'm supposed to be working but am very tempted to join in....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great! Thougfh I have huge sympathies re the workmen, doors, rugs, lamps....and the house that is far to big for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saturday morning blog-reading and coffee for me and am jumping from version to version as I go through my Google reader. Loving it! Our first home was built in 1908 and we spent the first 10 years of our marriage in a constant state of renovation - so familiar with many of those issues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading this. I love what you came up with. It describes all the joys of home ownership. I remember it well. I'm a renter now of a small apartment and I have a service contract. I think I prefer that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was hilarious! Love it! going to read Nappy Valley Girl's now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh God, I have all this to come again. And now I have two tunes to choose from whistling on the building site: Bob the Builder and..this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was funny. You gotta get started before Christmas in that house that is too big for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bollocks! I have the builders starting tomorrow. My Christmas day will no doubt be accompanied by a serenade of pneumatic drills and thunderous hammering. merry christmas and bah humbug

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, love this and might be tempted to join in too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever. I love the way your mind works. Mostly. I laughed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loads of visitors...but not really the ones you want! Oh well there are receptacles for all that undrunk mulled wine which people never seem to drink at our parties so we're always left with bucketloads...

    ReplyDelete

The more the merrier....

Blog Archive