Almost at the end of our week in Ibiza and good times are being had. It's bloody hot although not too humid so I can cope. (Don't really care about eveyone else!)
It's been a while since I've vacationed "on the Continent" and am noticing that -
- the toilets are a lot better than they used to be. Clean, sufficient loo roll, even a means to wash and dry your hands, but
- those bloody timers on the lights are a pain in the proverbial. Given that there's usually no window, I've been plunged into complete darkness several times before I was "finished". Very trying.
- I am officially a spoilt American - it's murder with no air conditioning. I wouldn't say I'm sleeping so much as hallucinating my way through the night. The Ball & Chain is actually sleeping on a lounger on the roof.
- the restaurants are all serving the same fare, which is killing me. I don't come all this way to eat bacon eggs, chips etc. It's not a big place here and we have only found one restaurant that serves anything different
- English people shout at their kids a lot, even on holiday
The little guy's definition of a party is "when you jump into the pool with all your clothes on". He has gone through a week's supply in about four days! Hmmm.
Oh, and my bum is in pretty good nick at the moment - the walk up to our villa from the beach makes the west face of Everest look do-able.