I just have to share this as it made my day. Two posts ago I mentioned that one of the vows I made the ball and chain renew was to measure accurately before venturing near the DIY/hardware store.
Yesterday he ventured, and when my mother asked my 12 year old son why he hadn't gone with him, 12 year old (without any prompting from me) replied, "Oh he always has to go back, so I'll catch him on the 2nd trip!!!" Ha!
Anyway friends, my mother is with us till Wednesday night and we still have to squeeze in the Art Institute some time before she leaves. Then I am off on a girls' trip to Montreal this Thursday, - till Monday. Yahoooo! Of course, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it as I am killing myself with all the preparation.
- Little one has a party to go to on Sunday, so I have bought and wrapped the presents already.
-I also have to book him into the extended day program for Thursday and Friday, remember to tell his teacher and remember to tell the B&C to pack him a lunch both days.
- water all the plants as no one else will even look at them
- leave money for the cleaner, in an envelope so no one else "accidentally" picks it up
- place an online order with the supermarket to be delivered when I'm not here so that no one starves
- make sure everyone knows where their favourite jeans are
- launder and place in a very obvious spot any sports attire needed for the weekend
- remove all clothing from little one's closet that is too small, as B&C is sure to send him to school in trousers that are three inches above his ankles. I should really just lay out a few outfits ready to wear, but that's taking being organized a bit too far
- book people to come in and replace the ceiling that was removed to find the leak from my shower (leak now apparently mended)
- book an appointment with an oral surgeon for when I get back as my top left fully impacted wisdom tooth seems to have moved and I'm in the kind of pain that makes me very cranky indeed. I don't have time to have it seen to this week. I can hardly open my mouth, which is not a bad thing as it means I can't eat a lot. Perhaps I'll lose a few pounds?
And of course, since I'm meeting four ex-workmates from London, I will have to start practising sarcasm, self-deprecation and drinking excessive amounts of Pinot Grigio. What a bore!