Things I still have to do before the Friday Night flight:
- breathe deeply (see last post)
- find the UK/Continental plug adapter
- find the kids' goggles (they are NOT in the bathroom cabinet)
- decide whether to schlepp creams, sunscreens etc or buy them in the UK.
- stand all the plant in trays of water and post big note to the Ball & Chain to water from time to time
- eliminate three pairs of shoes from the suitcase
- remember to take various birthday gifts for sibs - unlike last year when I had to post/mail them from here
- finish the hem on halter neck dress I'm making for Queenager. (Oh yes, nothing like last minute stuff.)
Things I should've done:
- bought new underwear before mother sees gray collection and tells entire family (but hey - an excuse to go to M&S)
- bought the little guy new undies. The Hulk and Sponge Bob ones are apparently too tight. (Another M&S excuse).
- downloaded the school 2009-10 calendar onto I-pod. Any planning I try to do in August will be pure guesswork
- bought kids school supplies (we have three days when we get back and a list as long as my arm- eek!)
- checked in with my agent. Not sure why as there's nothing going on at the moment, but it feels remiss somehow
- weeded the garden. It will resemble a jungle when I get back
Thing's I can't seem to do:
- STEP AWAY FROM THE BLOG!