Back from our week in Florida, and of course the luggage had different ideas. Now have to sit and wait all day for them to arrive in their very own cab!
Our vacation/holiday went smoothly after 1) my mother's flight fiasco where she ended up taking the train to London etc. instead of flying BA, and 2) on the first day, 4 year old son threw a 6 inch, very hard plastic dragon at the 12 year old (in jest of course), which caused an inch long, gouging of the scalp and much blood. I was buggered if I was spending the day seeking medical assistance, and, as with most flesh wounds, the bleeding stopped quite quickly and I instructed him in no uncertain terms to leave it alone!
I am now back at my desk, covered in mosquito bites, and up to my armpits in bills and other tasks. So I am blogging of course.
A Mother's Place is in the Wrong has tagged me, which gives me something to blog about instead of paying said bills.
Apparently I have to answer the questions below then pass this on to 5 other people:
What was I doing ten years ago?
Well, I had a two year old and a five year old, and we had just spent our same week off in Puerto Rico. The kids had a great time, as did their p's. If ever you're looking for a great Caribbean break, I recommend PR.
5 snacks I enjoy - Brie, Cheddar, Cheshire, Feta and Havarti.
Things I would do if I were a billionnaire -
- pay off the mortgage, plus kids' school and college funds
- pay off my family's mortgages etc.
- pay for the construction, salaries and student fees for the Tuskegee International school in Ghana, which is currently being built with shovels and wheelbarrows. (it still kills me that Oprah spent $40 million on one school, when most schools in Africa could be up and running for a fraction of that.)
- make a substantial contribution to my kids' private school so that it would stop asking me for money
5 jobs I have had -
Woolworth's cafeteria (Saturday Job)
Bread factory cleaner (college summer job)
Tampon factory worker (ditto) - living the good life!
Bar maid - (ditto)
Corporate Training Manager, London and Dallas (yawn)
3 bad habits - Brie, Feta and Havarti!
5 places I have lived-
Working backwards - Chicago, Dallas, London, Bristol, Criccieth (N. Wales)
5 people I want to know more about
- Madonna (what exactly drives that woman?)
- Angelina Jolie (ditto)
- George Bush - can he really be this dim?
- The Queen - does she have any friends?
- my kids - what goes on inside their heads?
I am tagging my fellow expat bloggers, (but no pressure) -
A Brit out of Water
Brit Gal Sarah
Janet at Lord Celery