Mike and I over at Pond Parleys are discussing the things we've never embraced in our host countries. Funny how some things cause problems for me and others don't. Here are my bug bears:
1. Not saying “Please”.
2. Baseball caps on a bad hair day. My ears stick out and it looks generally, well, ridiculous. I also don’t do the pony tail so I basically have to make sure my hair is somewhat clean!
3. Green bean casserole at Thanksgiving. Green beans, canned onion rings smothered in canned mushroom soup, or something like that. Yuck!
4. Walking around with a pint size cup of coffee. Who needs that much caffeine?
5. Walking through my front door straight into the living room. I have three noisy kids. I need walls and doors as a buffer.
6. Wearing seasonal clothes. OK so not everyone does this, but I will never wear a leafy sweater in the autumn/fall, red and green at Xmas, or red hearts on Valentine’s Day. Unless it’s a school-enforced thing, and even then I won’t be happy.
7. (American) football. No clue. Nor do I enjoy the beer and cheesy nachos that seem to be de rigeur when viewing.
8. Interspersing my sentences with “I was like…” to describe my emotions.
9. Cutting all the food on my plate into bite size chunks then eating it with my fork. I always serve a knife and fork even when people claim not to need the knife. Ever seen someone trying to cut lettuce with a fork?
10. Maple syrup drenching everything on my breakfast plate. I don’t have a sweet tooth anyway but maple syrup touching my sausages? Yuck!
Have a look at Mike's too.