Thursday 10 July 2014

Recycling your clothes - a.k.a. Wearing Them More than Once

I keep reading about the likes of Kate (Duchess of Cambridge) wearing "recycled" clothing. Not recycled as in bits of other clothes (or food packets) cobbled together to make a new garment, like this -

Not quite sure how you'd sit down in this...

Just simply wearing something more than once. You know, like normal people do. Here she is at Wimbledon in a "recycled" blue and green number.


Did we all know that we weren't simply wearing something more than once, or do only fabulous people get to call it "recycling"? Here's another article with a long list of celebs caught doing it, and this time the question is "Fashion Faux Pas?"

However, according to this article, there are rules when it comes to recycling. You can't just wear the same jeans three days in a row without risking your reputation. Apparently the key is to "switch things up" a little. Confusingly, in the same article it also says that it's "absolutely okay to obsess over a new item and wear it more than once in a short period of time around the same people".

Oh come on - even I don't do that! What about you?

7 comments:

  1. I wear the same things again and again and again and, well, you get the idea!! Not the same thing today as I had on yesterday, but the same things that I wore a few days or weeks ago, and last year. I wash them in between (of course!) and I cannot imagine that anyone notices that my M&S jeans have been worn more than once. In any case I suspect that the crime of wearing jeans from M&S is much worse than wearing them twice!!! Sheesh, I don't have the funds or time to worry about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love her recycled dress, though I'm not sure what that means, it the material vintage ?(i.e someone else has worn it) I do laugh up this "upcycling" we used to just call it going down to the opshop, (opportunity charity store) I've worn many a dead man's black dinner jacket (the ultimate compliment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALW - I remember having an army raincoat (the real deal) and it had a bullet hole in it. How revolting. What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone wear the same pair of jeans for more than a day? Seriously? I buy a pair, wear them, and then it's straight down to the charity shop with them. I guess there are some people out there who use a washing machine, and wear things more than once, but come on people! This is the 21st century.

    I guess this kind of advice is really geared towards people who see the same other group of people regularly. Poor them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I tend to wear things until they wear out (and wash them regularly, of course.)
    I get my favourites and things might be comfortable so I buy several items in different colours. I do tend to jumble things up a bit though to confuse everybody.
    People seem to have more money than sense these days.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Maggie May, I think that sense has always been thin on the ground (e.g., NotAlwaysRight.com).

    ReplyDelete
  7. wearing a outfit more that once makes perfect sense, especially if you like it and it looks good but I do agree with switching things up. I try never to wear the same thing the same way on one year, if I can and if I remember what I wore when lol

    ReplyDelete

The more the merrier....

Blog Archive