Monday 15 November 2010

OK, so it's not as bad as it was

A complete bloody work in progress this blog is. So I managed to resize the photos and things on the side, but the banner, as you can see is appalling even by my standards.

I have an old version of Photoshop which I went skipping over to, then realised that I'd completely forgotten how to do layering and all that. I will have to find the old tutorial. Either that or get the Queenager to make something, but I try not to remind her of the blog as a rule.

In the meantime, I made something in Powerpoint, which I then saved as a PDF and then saved as a JPEG. For some reason, I can't save it straight from Powerpoint to JPEG even though we have a fairly new version of Microsoft stuff.

The techier ones amongst you will already have sniggered at the banner text, or perhaps just given me a pitying look. Either way, it's well deserved. The text is too fuzzy by half but it will have to do as it's now time for me to take the dog for a walk en route to picking up Little Guy from school.

Given that the evening will be spent ferrying the Man-child to and from the School of Rock session he's attending (complete with newly cut Mohawk. Sigh) there won't be much fiddling-with-banner time for me tonight.

Oh well. I do my best!!
.

8 comments:

  1. I even managed to gain another follower along the way. Poor soul. I mean, welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had any idea what you'd achieved, I'd be impressed as I wouldn't have the first clue how to Photoshop anything...though I did successfully pop into Snappy Snaps the other day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. and a beautiful work in progress it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...... well done. I daren't touch mine else it would probably disappear knowing my luck!

    It looks very nice! Thats not a good word...... I meant BRILLIANT!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a photoshop woman too - just try (God awful boring as it is) to check out that part of the tutorial again. I always thought layering in Photoshop was far too complicated too.
    You have a great blog, Expat. I have thought about you and referenced you at least 10 times this week about the cinnemon post (might have been Pond Parleys?). X

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fine to me - but if you're still not happy you could always do what I did and get someone far more talented than I am to do it for you... (Drop me an email if you want the details!)

    In any case, surely it's content that's important? (Stop laughing at the back!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. Like Maggie I'm almost afraid to change mine. All the settings get knocked sideways and it takes ages to put right. It looks super duper - well done Team expatmum!

    ReplyDelete

The more the merrier....

Blog Archive