You know you've buggered your back when:
- you make involuntary grunts, groans and moans even when you're on your own.
- you have to make a decision about wearing underwear. Pain versus dignity?
- said underwear goes on by leaning sideways rather than bending forward, and your "big toe gripping" skill is severely tested. (Think 8th month of pregnancy and beyond.)
- Socks. Forget it; you're not going anywhere anyway.
- "Personal hygiene" involves a whole packet of baby wipes.
- Dog gets fed from whatever can is at shoulder height in the pantry, even if it is tuna fish.
- you only eat so you can stomach heavy-duty pain killers.
- the notice warning that "alcohol may increase the effect of" said pain killers is a promise, not a threat
Yes folks, I've done it again. Severe damage to lower back muscles - caused by taking a bath to soothe mildly aching back, and bending the wrong way when I got out.