Wednesday 2 May 2018

Being Serious and Blogging Politics

Now that I'm back in the UK, I'm trying to learn all there is to know about British politics. Well, kind of. A vacuum of 27 years really doesn't help things here. Watching anything that covers more than Theresa, Boris, Nicola and Jacob has me as much at sea as Hello magazine, where I only know people over 70. 

One thing I am noticing though, is the inexplicable popularity of Jacob Rees-Mogg. I'm hearing that he's the bookies' favourite to win the Tory leadership, despite his relative lack of ministerial experience. Now where have I seen this before? 



So I wrote a semi-serious piece at my Huffington Post blog. I try not to get too serious and shouty on here, so here's the link if you want to see what else I can turn my hand to. 


Let me know what you think of my opinion too. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone else thinking of putting bigoted drivel on here, know that it won't last long. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob is my MP and I am pleased to say I voted for him at the last two General Elections. I wrote him a couple of emails at the House Of Commons expressing my frustration about the pitiful pace of Teresa May's Brexit egotiations and her conceding so many demands of the EU Bully boys. He wrote back saying my opinions mirrored his own. Jacob has many attributes worthy of PM status. He has a thorough grasp of Brexit, parliamentary law and workings, a bright highly intelligent mind, a sense of justice, and perhaps most importantly the courage to stand by his principals and decisions. He commands the respect of most of the electorate and can stand up to EU negotiators and not be afraid to walk away, something May should have done two years ago. Nice article you posted, thanks. Cheers, eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie, NIce to hear from you! Well, I'm afraid we will have to disagree on old Jacob but thanks for your comments all the samea. x

      Delete

The more the merrier....

Blog Archive