And the rules are:
a) Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
b) Share 7 things about yourself. -What, I think I gave more than enough in the last post, but, oh well...
c) Award 15 recently discovered bloggers. Hmmm, I think we'll do a free-for-all
d) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. (Telling everyone right now.)
Seven. Things. About myself that aren't boring.
1. I am going to Ghana this summer to visit the school I help fund. I admit to being a wee bit apprehensive about this on account of a) the heat and b) the mosquitoes. I get bitten alive by anything that flies; mosquito bites seem to result in huge yellow-ish blobs and the ones in Ghana have the potential to do great harm. Eek.
2. I spend far too much time on my own during the day. One the one hand, as I've mentioned, I love it. On the other hand, I'm starting to worry myself. I have managed to arrange one lunch a week since the beginning of the year to 'get me out' as they say. I've also enrolled on a writing course for two hours on a Monday for the next eight weeks. But I'd rather not. With three kids and a dog plus a rowdy Ball & Chain (that would be sarcasm for anyone who knows him), the house is quite noisy from three o'clock onwards, so I relish the quiet time during the day. I don't play music and I don't have the TV on. That's not good is it?
3. My fave song ever is "That's Entertainment" by The Jam.
Don't quite know why I like it so much. Great melody, love the introduction and used to love Paul Weller. It also reminds me of a different time. Wouldn't necessarily want to go back there now, but it was fun.
4. I possess the most un-App'd I-Phone on the planet. I have two apps on my phone and the kids put them both there. One is the ubiquitous Angry Birds. For the uninitiated, it's a game where players use a sling shot to launch birds (presumably the angry ones) at pigs. The other is called Fruit Ninjas or something, and the player seems to slice large bits of fruit as they fall from the sky. Both keep the 7 year old quiet when needed, so they can stay.
5. I also possess the most under-utilized I-Phone/pod. I didn't have an I-Pod before I got my I-Phone so my collection's not huge. With my first I-Phone, I had about 4 CD's on there, which I painstakingly uploaded to the computer and downloaded them back on to the phone. (Why pay to buy them when they're sitting on my shelf, right?) About 6 months ago I upgraded to the I-Phone 4 which seemed to get rid of all the tracks I'd laboriously transferred from CDs. I don't walk round listening to music so I haven't really missed anything. I currently have 2 purchased CDs on there - Sade's album "Soldier of Love" and a Debussy album. (Ah- caught you by surprise with that one, didn't I?)
6. I hate massages. I've only had one in my entire life and the fact that it involved a herbal wrap nearly had me running for the hills. Being a touch claustrophobic, the experience of having my body (including arms, if I recall) wrapped tightly in a towel makes me hyper-ventilate just remembering the incident. Factor in that the herbs they used made my eyes water but I couldn't do anything about it since my arms were trapped, and it made for one un-relaxing experience.
7. This one bears repeating - I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. No hands.
So - anyone who wants to take up this blog torch and share all, or at least 7 things - please feel free.